To clear your temporary internet files and cookies in Google Chrome, follow these instructions:
- Open Google Chrome.
- Click the three horizontal lines in the top right of your browser.
Click 'More tools' from the drop-down menu, which is towards the bottom of the list.
- Click on 'Clear browsing data' from the next menu.
- Once you've clicked on 'Clear browsing data', a box will pop up in the middle of the screen. Select 'All time' from the list of time periods in the drop-down menu to ensure all temporary internet files and cookies are cleared.
- You'll see a list of items with boxes next to them. Please ensure the first four have checks beside them and click ‘Clear browsing data’.
- Restart your browser by closing down all Chrome windows, then reload.
What do I do if these steps are not available?
The instructions above apply to the most recent version of Chrome. Other browsers or older versions will behave differently. If you see a spanner symbol instead of horizontal lines, or if these steps don't seem to apply to your device, you’ll need to update to the latest version of Chrome. To get the latest version of google Chrome:
- Click the spanner symbol/three lines and choose 'About Chrome'.
- Then select 'update chrome when prompted'.